idoneapps

Author Topic: No GSM/UTMS  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
Re: No GSM/UTMS
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 04:33:50 AM »
No androideuy,

my Sprint Note 5 has the same items in ##DATA# Menu >  HDR/1X Selection:

1) Hybrid
2) CDMA Only
3) EVDO Only
4) EHRDP 1x
5) Global
6) LTE + CDMA + EVDO
7) LTE only

It works with no problem here in Italy in GSM/UMTS, even if it's not listed above (in my case I have none of the above item selected because I can select GSM/UMTS from the NEtwork menu).

Under **RADIO SETTINGS** > Set preferred network type I have "GSM auto (PRL)" selected.
See you ;-)

Offline androideuy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »
In my case, when I'm in RADIO SETTINGS > SET PREFERRED NETWORK TYPE I can see your option "GSM auto (PRL)"
I can touch it, but it is not being assigned (network type selection don't change it value, like if it is not an accepted/supported value).

I'm sure we have the same options but for some reason you can select "GSM auto (PRL)" and my device can't do it.
With a (*) mark are my "selectable" options. The other ones can't be assigned...

WCDMA preferred
GSM only
WCDMA only
GSM auto (PRL)
(*) CDMA auto (PRL)
(*) CDMA only
EvDo only
(*) GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)
(*) LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)
(*) LTE/GSM auto (PRL)
(*) LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)
(*) LET only
(*) Unknown

All the "selectable" options were tested (selected and restart) with no success.
Surely I need to get the active the non selectables options in order to gain connection with my carriers, in example: GSM auto (PRL)

Offline androideuy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 11:17:58 AM »
Nodial, I have been trying to enable GSM and additional LTE bands in my SM-T807P without success.
As far as I could see with CDMA tools app, the LTE bands that my device uses are not what I need.
However, I saw that in SAMMobile I can download the SM-T807T ROM 5.0.1 (T-Mobile) that uses GSM / HSDPA / LTE bands that matches my local carriers.
I'm going to try to flash the SM-T807P and then, unlock & debranding.
If you think this is crazy (because there is no way it works) or the trick surely only will brick the device, please let me know to avoid the test...

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »
There is no way to unlock additional LTE bands (it's a modem lack), anyway the test to flash another ROM may work for the GSM/UMTS issue.

You shouldn't be able to flash the T-Mobile ROM (it worth a try, the worst you would get is an Odin error but nothing will be flashed, so it's safe), what you should try is to flash a custom ROM with a wide range of device support, you can seek on XDA one that's compatible with your device.
See you ;-)

Offline androideuy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 01:32:30 PM »
I understand Nodial.
Thank you for your help and support