idoneapps

Author Topic: How to Root S7 & S7 Edge SM-G930P & SM-G935P QAA and above (7.0) for Global GSM  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
DISCLAMER: Rooting the device will void the phone warranty, by following these steps you accepting it.

NOTE: If your S7/S7 Edge has been updated to QAA or QC1 or above (Nougat) use directions below.

1.) Download Root_S7.zip from the bottom of this post, extract the files so that you have the folder Root_S7 with files inside it.
      Make sure there is not a Root_S7 folder nested inside the first Root_S7 folder, it have to be like this: Root_S7\files.
      Copy this folder to your phone internal storage and leave a copy on your PC also so you can run (double click) Root_S7.bat in the later step.
2.) Install unlock.apk version 1.80 or newer (it must be installed before proceeding), then open it once because it have to register the bootloop stop action.
      To install the app navigate here from the phone: https://idoneapps.com/unlock.apk
3.) Go to Settings > About Device > and tap "Build Number" 7 times to enable "Developer Menu",
      then enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM unlock" in the Developer Menu. Connect USB and more drivers may install.
4.) Power off the phone completely, now hold Home and Volume-(down), keep them pressed and power the phone on.
5.) Press Volume+(up) when prompted to enter "Downloading Mode"
6.) Connect USB and wait for all drivers to finish installing on PC.
7.) Download then extract the .tar.md5 file from SM-G930x_Qxx_Engineering_BOOT.tar.zip or SM-G935x_Qxx_Engineering_BOOT.tar.zip
      Choose correct file for S7 (SM-G930) or S7 Edge (SM-G935).
8.) Open Odin3 (Run as administrator), then select the above tar.md5 file in "AP" slot, then pust START on Odin3, the file will be flashed.
      When done the phone will begin to bootloop, this is normal, proceed with the following steps, the phone have to be connected to the PC.
9.) When you see the phone connected in Windows double click "Root_S7.bat that is inside Root_S7 folder that you extracted on your PC.
      You should see a "Done!" message at the end of the command window.
      If you don't see the "Done!" message then close the window and re-launch the bat, after that the phone will reboot automatically and it will be rooted.
      It may take a couple tries due to the phone bootlooping, once successfull SuperSU will be installed.
10.) Open SuperSU app and go to its Settings > Access > and change it from "Prompt" to "Grant" (otherwise phone will reboot before SuperSU
      has time to display a prompt to grant our unlock app root). After you have changed this setting the phone should only reboot 1 more time.
      NOTE: If SuperSU prompts "update su binary" you need to run the Root_S7.bat again, and/also check that you have copied
      Root_S7 folder with exact same name and location as the picture below.

11.) Proceed to unlocking, debranding, MSL read, Hotspot/Tethering etc. etc... Click for Instructions

NOTE: If you have no DATA/MMS after rooting/unlocking (AND YOU HAVE CHECKED YOUR APN) reset Network Settings as shown below.

*Prerequisites*
Odin3_v3.12 for Windows Click to Download
Samsung USB Drivers Click to Download
Root_S7 for S7/S7 Edge on Nougat Click to Download

*Engineering Bootloaders:*
S7 Nougat: SM-G930x_Qxx_Engineering_BOOT.tar.zip Click to Download
S7 Edge Nougat: SM-G935x_Qxx_Engineering_BOOT.tar.zip Click to Download
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:57:23 AM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline Dnhqng1

• View Profile
Re: How to Root S7 & S7 Edge SM-G930P & SM-G935P QAA (7.0) for Global GSM
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 06:44:17 AM »
Running the unlock app it says that i dont  root.  Supersu os uninstalled and usb debugging is turned of.  Am i missing something.

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 09:13:09 AM »
Idone has updated the unlock app because there was an error recognizing root in QAA, you will see an update message here as soon it's done, it should be a matter of minutes.
See you ;-)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 11:43:44 AM »
Ok, the unlock app update 1.80 has been released, now the app will recognize root on Nougat, files on first post has been updated, please make sure to use the updated files.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:03:00 PM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline Dnhqng1

• View Profile
Nice.  I knew the unlock app had to be updated.  Thank you kindly!!

Offline email4sand

• View Profile
My phone keeps rebooting all the time after rooting. Is there any fix?
Also, many other side effects - I cannot turn off the security pattern lock.

It keeps restarting even when trying to reinstall or even access the already installed unlock app by idone.

Would it be possible to factory reset without losing root?

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:58:40 PM by email4sand »

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
Both fingerprint and security pattern lock works with root.

Have you installed the 1.80 version of the app?

Can you send us the log so we can check if the Root_S7 foder is in the correct place? (From the app tap on the menu button, hen on "Send log file").

No, you cannot flash a stock rom without losing root.
See you ;-)

Offline email4sand

• View Profile
It keeps rebooting before I can even get to the idone app (unlock) for the most part. Sometimes just afterwards - so I cannot even assess the app.

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
I see, then flash the stock rom, install our app, copy the Root_S7 folder and then send us the log.

Our rom repository is here:
https://idoneapps.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0
See you ;-)

Offline email4sand

• View Profile
I realized that my phone keeps deleting the SuperSU app.

Could this be the problem why your program never fully runs?

How do I stop my phone from deleting this?
(I know that it would do the same with some apps - example - Amazon Underground App earlier (before rooting) - havent tried this after rooting.)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
No, that's fine, it's our app that deletes it for security reasons.
The phone remains rooted even without it and you can install it again when done with our app.
See you ;-)

Offline email4sand

• View Profile
OK, but the program stops when run and does not go through.
As you suggest, I will try to put the stick ROM back. Should I go through the ROOT process before trying out your software again?

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
No, the app have to be installed as step 2, then it have to be run after the installation else it won't register the action that is needed to stop the bootloop.
Please install the stock rom, then follow each step carefully.
See you ;-)

Offline nimbus82

• View Profile
Many thanks for this procedure. I just wanted to unlock my phone for Global GSM, and it works fine with me.
However, do you know if it's possible to flash a stock official binary to unroot my phone after this steps? And my phone will still be unlocked for Gloabl GSM if I flash a stock again?

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
Thank you nimbus82!

Yes, don't worry, you can root, unroot, upgrade, downgrade or factory reset the phone without problems, the unlock will stay.

Only the service menu command NV REBUILD will lock the phone back, but if you will ever need to use that feature you will be able to unlock the phone again with the app, the license will last for all the phone lifetime.
See you ;-)