idoneapps

Author Topic: How to root & Unlock J3 Emerge SM-J327P PL1 and above (6.0.1) for Global GSM  (Read 17098 times)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
DISCLAMER: Rooting the device will void the phone warranty, by following these steps you accepting it.

1.) Go to Settings > About device > scroll to bottom and tap "Build number" 8 times, now press back button once and tap developer options.

2.) Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock (if available as option, else skip this step) from developer options.

3.) Pull the battery out from phone, wait 10 seconds, insert the battery back in the phone.

4.) Connect the phone to the PC and copy SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip in your J3 Emerge sdcard root: Computer\Galaxy J3 Emerge\Phone

5.) Power off phone completely.

6.) Hold HOME and VOLUME-(down), keep them pressed and POWER the phone on.

7.) Press Volume+(up) when prompted to enter "Downloading Mode"

8.) Connect USB and wait for all drivers to finish installing.

9.) Open Odin3.12.3 (Run as administrator), click on Options tab, then deselect Auto Reboot

10.) Select twrp_j327p_14317.tar in "AP" slot, then push START, the file will be flashed, wait at least 2 minutes after flash completes.

11.) Turn the phone off by pulling out the battery, disconnect the USB cable

12.) Insert the battery back on the phone, then suddenly Hold HOME and VOLUME+(up), keep them pressed and POWER the phone on, phone will turn on and load recovery menu.

13.) Wait 45 seconds / 1 minute with the phone in the recovery menu, then pull the battery out from phone.

14.) Insert the battery back on the phone, then suddenly Hold HOME and VOLUME+(up), keep them pressed and POWER the phone on, phone will turn on and load recovery menu.

15.) Once in TWRP recovery, swipe right to allow modifications.

16.) Tap Install then select SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip

17.) Swipe to confirm Flash, phone is now rooted.

18.) Phone will reboot, open SuperSU and disable Knox.

19.) Proceed to unlocking Click for Instructions

*Prerequisites*
Odin3.12.3 for Windows Click to Download
SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815 Click to Download
twrp_j327p_14317 Click to Download
Samsung USB Drivers Click to Download
Password (if needed)=idoneapps.com
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:21:00 AM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline gvan17

• View Profile
Thank you for your, I was able to successfully root my phone. I had a question about step 8. When I connected the USB it didn't seem to download any drivers. The text and screen seemed to stay static after boot up. Currently, I'm trying to restore data using an app on my PC. It is failing the USB connection. Is step 8 where it should be downloading USB drivers? I didn't see a step that referenced the USB driver download files you link at the bottom of your post. Could you detail the use of the USB driver file?

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
Most of the PC has those drivers installed probably because you connected the phone the PC in the past, so that step is listed just to warn the persons to wait until the drivers finish installing if the procedure starts, otherwise driers are already installed.
See you ;-)

Offline kashif

• View Profile
Under Mobile Networks I don't have the option to put APN settings. Also, System select shows change CDMA roaming mode. When I select it shows two options Home only or Automatic

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
What items do you see under Mobile Networks?
Also, what carrier are you using?
See you ;-)