idoneapps

Author Topic: How to Root S7 & S7 Edge SM-G930P & SM-G935P PH7 to PL6 (6.0.1) for Global GSM  (Read 40549 times)

Offline enki7

• View Profile
Question: after sim unlocked, what can I do to lose this? Updates? Firmware change? Unroot? Re-stock?

The "unlock" was performed where exactly? :)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
The unlock is performed during the app reboots and it's stored in the phone NV items, so it will last until you perform a NV Rebuild because such command reset all the NV Items.
You can upgrade, downgrade, root, un-root or factory reset the phone and the unlock will stay.
IF in the future you will need to perform an NV Rebuild then don't worry, the license will last for all the phone lifetime, you will be able to use the app again.
See you ;-)

Offline enki7

• View Profile
The unlock is performed during the app reboots and it's stored in the phone NV items, so it will last until you perform a NV Rebuild because such command reset all the NV Items.
You can upgrade, downgrade, root, un-root or factory reset the phone and the unlock will stay.
IF in the future you will need to perform an NV Rebuild then don't worry, the license will last for all the phone lifetime, you will be able to use the app again.

Amazing :D

Offline namiami

• View Profile
Hey, not sure if anyone still checks this. I started the steps, flashed the AP in ODIN and got the bootloop but my phone never connects to the computer during the bootloop. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
Flash the stock ROM back in order to fix the bootloop, then repeat the root steps: https://idoneapps.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0

When you will flash the engineering bootloader the device will start to bootloop, so you have to make sure you follow all the required steps before to flash it (enable USB debug, install our app, open it at least once, copy the Root_S7 folder into the device), otherwise you won't be able to stop the bootloop.
See you ;-)