idoneapps

Author Topic: How to Root S7 & S7 Edge SM-G930P & SM-G935P PH7 to PL6 (6.0.1) for Global GSM  (Read 14888 times)

Offline idone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DISCLAMER: Rooting the device will void the phone warranty, by following these steps you accepting it.

NOTE: If your S7/S7 Edge has been updated to PH7, PJ2, PK1 or PL6 use directions below.

1.) Download Root_S7.zip from the bottom of this post, extract the files so that you have the folder Root_S7 with files inside it.
      Make sure there is not a Root_S7 folder nested inside the first Root_S7 folder, it have to be like this: Root_S7\files.
      Copy this folder to your phone internal storage and leave a copy on your PC also so you can run (double click) Root_S7.bat in the later step.
2.) Install unlock.apk version 1.80 or newer (it must be installed before proceeding), then open it once because it have to register the bootloop stop action.
      To install the app navigate here from the phone: https://idoneapps.com/unlock.apk
3.) Go to Settings > About Device > and tap "Build Number" 7 times to enable "Developer Menu",
      then enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM unlock" in the Developer Menu. Connect USB and more drivers may install.
4.) Power off the phone completely, now hold Home and Volume-(down), keep them pressed and power the phone on.
5.) Press Volume+(up) when prompted to enter "Downloading Mode"
6.) Connect USB and wait for all drivers to finish installing on PC.
7.) Download SM-G930x_Qxx_Engineering_BOOT.tar.md5 or SM-G935x_Qxx_Engineering_BOOT.tar.md5
      Choose correct file for S7 (SM-G930) or S7 Edge (SM-G935).
8.) Open Odin3 (Run as administrator), then select the above tar.md5 file in "AP" slot, then pust START on Odin3, the file will be flashed.
      When done the phone will begin to bootloop, this is normal, proceed with the following steps, the phone have to be connected to the PC.
9.) When you see the phone connected in Windows double click "Root_S7.bat that is inside Root_S7 folder that you extracted on your PC.
      You should see a "Done!" message at the end of the command window.
      If you don't see the "Done!" message then close the window and re-launch the bat, after that the phone will reboot automatically and it will be rooted.
      It may take a couple tries due to the phone bootlooping, once successfull SuperSU will be installed.
10.) Open SuperSU app and go to its Settings > Access > and change it from "Prompt" to "Grant" (otherwise phone will reboot before SuperSU
      has time to display a prompt to grant our unlock app root). After you have changed this setting the phone should only reboot 1 more time.
      NOTE: If SuperSU prompts "update su binary" you need to run the Root_S7.bat again, and/also check that you have copied
      Root_S7 folder with exact same name and location as the picture below.

11.) Proceed to unlocking, debranding, MSL read, Hotspot/Tethering etc. etc... Click for Instructions

NOTE: If you have no DATA/MMS after rooting/unlocking (AND YOU HAVE CHECKED YOUR APN) reset Network Settings as shown below.

*Prerequisites*
Odin3_v3.12 for Windows Click to Download
Samsung USB Drivers Click to Download
Root_S7 for S7/S7 Edge Click to Download

*Engineering Bootloaders:*
S7: SM-G930x_Engineering_BOOT.tar.md5 Click to Download
S7 Edge: SM-G935x_Engineering_BOOT.tar.md5 Click to Download
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:16:20 AM by Nodial »

Offline gagnier27

• View Profile
Re: PH7, PJ2 and PK1 Directions
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 10:53:58 PM »
hello i forgot to select oem unlock, now the phone is stuck on lte plus logo it is a samsung s7 sprint, what i can do? thanks in advance

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 01:31:11 AM »
Flash the stock rom, it will work again, then repeat the unlock instructions.
This is our repository, get the stock crom from here: https://idoneapps.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 12:02:39 PM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 01:48:10 PM »
Have you passed to Odin the 4 files in the right slot?
It is very strange that the Start button is disabled, double check that the files are in the correct slot:

BL_G935PVPS4APK1_CL9053331_QB11389006_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 in BL
AP_G935PVPS4APK1_CL9053331_QB11389006_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 in AP
CP_G935PVPS4APK1_CL9053331_QB11389006_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 in CP
HOME_CSC_SPT_G935PSPT4APK1_CL9053331_QB11389006_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 in CSC
See you ;-)

Offline gagnier27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 01:50:14 PM »
yes i did then when i pressed start i get stuck on setup connection like the pics shows

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 01:52:09 PM »
Ah ok, then that's after you press start.
1. Reboot the computer.
2. Reboot the phone and put it in download mode.
3. Use another USB cable, that one may be damaged.
4. Connect the new USB cable to another USB port, wait for any driver to finish installing if you see the Windows driver bubble notification when you connect the phone.
5. Open Odin and retry.
See you ;-)

Offline gagnier27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 10:37:41 PM »
done!!! thanks unlocked as well...

Offline gagnier27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 10:40:30 PM »
i am just getting a notification unauthorized actions have been detected.
restart your device to undo any unauthorized changes. Any idea??

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 03:13:25 AM »
Hmmm, that should be notified only once.

If you continue getting such message you can either flash the stock rom or download "System App Remover" from the store, then seach from Knox app and uninstall it.
See you ;-)

Offline arusiasotto

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 03:25:05 PM »
Does this use a Magisk compatible systemless root?

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 03:49:48 PM »
No, the systemless root is not enough to achieve the unlock on PD3 and above roms.
See you ;-)

Offline arusiasotto

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 04:17:22 PM »
Well, i will just have to pray suhide and root switch work then. Princess would be sad if I cant play pokemon go with her.

Also, is Unlock.apk needed if I just want root? I have no need to unlock my phone.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 04:35:20 PM by arusiasotto »

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 04:40:29 PM »
Yes, our app is involved in this root procedure, it will avoid the bootloop that else would occur.
See you ;-)

Offline Erkumsikt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »
And one more thing...
When I am finished rooting, how do I unroot? Also, is it safe to uninstall "idoneapps.com" once I root?
Thanks!