idoneapps

Author Topic: How to root & Unlock Note 7 SM-N930P PGC (6.0.1) for Global GSM  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
How to root & Unlock Note 7 SM-N930P PGC (6.0.1) for Global GSM
« on: September 19, 2016, 04:18:44 AM »
NOTE: This rooting procedure won't void the Note 7 warranty.

PHE+ roms: This rooting procedure doesn't work on PHE rom yet because Samsung added an anti-downgrade check, so Odin won't be able to flash the PH3 debug rom, we will post a solution in our forum as soon we will find a root method for the new rom.

1.) Go to Settings > About device > scroll to bottom and tap "Build number" 8 times, now press back button once and tap "Developer options".
2.) Enable both USB debugging and OEM unlock from developer options (Fig.1).
3.) Power off phone completely.
4.) Hold Home and Volume-(down), keep them pressed and power the phone on.
5.) Press Volume+(up) when prompted to enter "Downloading Mode"
6.) Connect USB and wait for all drivers to finish installing.
7.) Unzip N930PVPU1APH3_N930PSPT1APH3_DEBUG_MULTI_CERT_NOWIPE.tar.zip.
8.) Open Odin3_v3.12.4_4 (right click on it an run it as administrator), then select N930PVPU1APH3_N930PSPT1APH3_DEBUG_MULTI_CERT_NOWIPE.tar.md5 in "AP" slot, then pust START on Odin3, the file will be flashed. (Fig.2)
9.) Unzip 'Note 7 SM-N930P Root.zip' where you prefer.
10.) Double click on adb-setup-1.4.3.exe to install adb, answer 'y' to all questions of the installer. (If you have already adb installed then skip this step).
11.) Copy the unzipped adb folder (of Note 7 SM-N930P Root.zip archive) in C:\ (Do this even if you had adb already installed).
12.) Connect the Note 7 to the PC, you will see a pop-up on the phone: 'Allow access to device data' / Tap on ALLOW.
13.) Double click on c:\adb\Note 7 SM-N930P Root.bat, authorize the PC on the phone if asked, then you will see an output like the one below (Fig.3), Success indicates phone has been rooted, after that it will reboot automatically.
14.) Proceed to unlocking Click for Instructions

*Prerequisites*
Odin3_v3.12.4_4 for Windows Click to Download
adb root files Click to Download
N930PVPU1APH3 rom Click to Download
Samsung USB Drivers Click to Download
Password (if needed)=idoneapps.com
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:55:51 AM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
Re: How to root & Unlock Note 7 SM-N930P PGC or above (6.0.1) for Global GSM
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 04:20:45 AM »
Important note: the knox counter won't be tripped with this method (so the warranty won't be voided), in the picture below you can see that the rom is the debug one I posted above and once flashed (and rooted with superSU) it still say WARRANTY VOID 0x0 that means the bit has not been tripped.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:21:35 PM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline Quiruio

• View Profile
Re: How to root & Unlock Note 7 SM-N930P PGC (6.0.1) for Global GSM
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 06:55:18 AM »
This is really cool, thanks. For samsung pattern lock, Android SIM Unlock is a quite good program.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 10:17:17 PM by Quiruio »

Offline dccon2003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
Im stilling having trouble. Im getting the bootloop and superuser saying there is no SU binary installed. S7 root bat always denying. What do I do to fix it. Ive already paid for the unlock.

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 04:06:08 PM »
You have to make sure the Root_S7 folder is in your phone else the procedure won't complete.

Unzip the Root_S7.zip in a place of your PC, then copy the extracted folder in the phone internal SD Card.

To check if the folder is well placed open our app, tap on the top right menu button, then tap on "Send log file", I'll verify it.
See you ;-)

Offline dccon2003

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 02:53:41 AM »
Thanks a lot. Its working now. When I extracted it I did in Documents instead of downloads. I had to make a folder inside documents and drag 8 files to it. I didn't think that would make a difference. Oh yeah I tried to update my phone but Samsung has recognized that my software has been alternated so they denied it. Truly not worried. Thanks a lot.

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 04:39:46 AM »
That's not a problem, you can use Odin the flash the stock rom if you want to update your phone, after that OTA will work again, the unlock will stay, by the way if you used our debranding menu to disable/remove the carrier apps remember that the updated stock rom will revert the carrier apps disabling/removing action.

If you need the stock roms this is our repository: https://idoneapps.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0
See you ;-)

Offline Rankserty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 03:58:45 AM »
If you are going to root your phone, before you start doing so ,you must copy data to computer for backup ,
And do you have some good idea to root phone ?