idoneapps

Author Topic: How to flash a stock official binary tar.md5 file.  (Read 29194 times)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
How to flash a stock official binary tar.md5 file.
« on: June 01, 2016, 03:25:42 AM »
Steps to flash phones up to Galaxy S6, so where the downloaded rom contains one unique file.

NOTE: This procedure won't erase the phone, all your files and apps will remain.

1.) Power off the phone completely, now hold Home and Volume-(down), keep them pressed and power the phone on.
2.) Press Volume+(up) when prompted to enter "Downloading Mode"
3.) Connect USB and wait for all drivers to finish installing.
4.) Unzip the rom you downloaded from our Stock Official binary tar.md5 files post
5.) Open Odin3 (Run as administrator), then Flash the unzipped above file in "AP" slot.

Doubts? You can see a detailed video here: https://idoneapps.com/forum/index.php?topic=509.0

*Prerequisites*
Odin3.10.7 for Windows Click to Download
Samsung USB Drivers Click to Download
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:28:50 AM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline idone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How to flash multiple stock official binary tar.md5 files.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 04:51:28 PM »
Steps to flash new phones like Galaxy S7, so where the downloaded rom contains multiple files.

NOTE: This procedure won't erase the phone(unless you flash a .pit file, see comment below), all your files and apps will remain.

1.) Power off the phone completely, now hold Home and Volume-(down), keep them pressed and power the phone on.
4.) Unzip the rom you downloaded from our Stock Official binary tar.md5 files post
5.) Open Odin3_v3.12 or newer (Run as administrator), then Flash the unzipped above files after adding them to their proper "BL, AP, CP, CSC" slots.
!!! If you flash a file that contains a .pit file it will re-partition/reset your device and all installed apps and files saved to internal storage will be lost!!!
For S7 the CSC_SPT_ file contains a .pit but HOME_CSC_SPT_ does not.
*see pic below, the file it shows in "CSC" slot won't reset the device*

Doubts? You can see a detailed video here: https://idoneapps.com/forum/index.php?topic=509.0

*Prerequisites*
Odin3_v3.12 for Windows Click to Download
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:29:26 AM by Nodial »

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
Re: How to flash a stock official binary tar.md5 file.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 01:20:11 AM »
Steps to flash new phones like Galaxy S8 or S8+, so where the downloaded rom contains multiple files along with a USERDATA file.

NOTE: This procedure won't erase the phone(unless you flash a .pit file, see comment below), all your files and apps will remain.

5.) Open Odin3_v3.12.10 or newer (Run as administrator), then Flash the unzipped above files after adding them to their proper "BL, AP, CP, CSC and USERDATA" slots.
!!! If you flash a file that contains a .pit file it will re-partition/reset your device and all installed apps and files saved to internal storage will be lost!!!
For S7 the CSC_SPT_ file contains a .pit but HOME_CSC_SPT_ does not.
*see pic below, the file it shows in "CSC" slot won't reset the device*

*Prerequisites*
Odin3 v3.12.10 Click to Download
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:03:37 AM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline flatform

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »
hello again, thanks for all your support.

i followed your instructions which are the same with what i have done dozens of times with lollipop or marshmallow, but never had luck with kitkat and my SM-N910P. i get the picture attached, FAIL in Odin. Do you happen to know why? Phone is rooted and it is running 6.0.1 as we have talked about.

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

in phone screen i get:

UDC START
SWREV CHECK FAIL: [aboot]Fused 4 > Binary 1
[1]eMMC write fail: ABOOT

thank you in advance.

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 05:26:52 PM »
Hi flatform,

that error is occurring because from PJ* rom version Samsung added an e-fuse check that blocks the downgrade, so you can't flash an older rom anymore if your phone is updated to PJ* or above.
See you ;-)

Offline flatform

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 06:20:31 PM »
hello, thanks for the fast reply.

so, you confirm that there is NO WAY -as we speak- for me to install kitkat due to the bootloader lock or what it is, as i have read in other forums.

i think you should develop and app/hack for that as well. i would buy it, anything else than kitkat is ridiculous, camera quality, pc connection, usability, countless.

i think i should have skipped that 6.0.1 upgrade, till 5 it could be possible.

if you ever hear of a possible way, i would be happy if you contact me.

thanks again, keep up the good work.

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 07:09:31 PM »
Yes, I'm sorry, it's a whole new thing happened right after the Note 7 failure to prevent users to return back to what Samsung thought was a unsafe rom (the new one prevents the battery to be charged over 60%), then Samsung applied the same method even to the others devices, starting  from PJ* roms that now are only available with OTA updates.
See you ;-)

Offline tonksetrum

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 09:12:08 PM »
hi there,
i'm already got s7 edge sprint unlocked but now it stack at samsung logo, and i dont know why
if i flash stockrom, will it back to locked??

and i'm already download the pk1 rom, but it say corrupted archieve everytime i extract, did i must download it again? or it is indeed corrupt?

ps : sorry for my english

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 04:06:33 AM »
Hi, I suggest you to flash the stock rom.
About the relock it may be that the phone has been locked back, it may happens in some cases. If you used our app you can unlock it again if needed.
About PK1 yes, download it again, because the file is probably corruped. Be aware of the fact that PK1 cannot be downgraded.
See you ;-)

Offline OnS7fornow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 10:47:42 PM »
We have 2 g930p's at home. PHONE1 has hotspot & thetering and wifi calling in the settings menu. PHONE2 does not. PHONE2 came already without these two options so I decided to root and purchase idoneapps unlock.apk to see if I can get hotspot to work. Root did nothing for me and unlock.apk was able to show me the hotspot menu and enable it, but when I tried to connect it never did. So I went ahead and followed the steps to go back to stock rom with the PK1 which is the same rom that PHONE1 has. Nothing has changed, PHONE2 is still without hotspot on the settings menu. I just can't understand how is it that 2 phones on the same rom same model one has it the other one doesn't. I'm running out options, one post in another forum talks about re-partitioning and reinstalling PIT, before I procede with this route I would like to hear from anyone that has had the same issue and hopefully a solution to this mess. Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: I've already tried HOMECSC and CSC as well. After rolling back to stock rom PK1 downloaded from this forum, I've noticed that I still don't have any sprint apps neither do I have the sprint logo at boot like PHONE1 does.

PS2: I second tonksetrum regarding the PK1 rom corruption, It says that the BL_G930PVPS4APK1_CL9053331_QB11390400_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 file is corrupted. I used WinRAR repair archive and "apparently" fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:10:44 PM by OnS7fornow »

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 02:44:17 AM »
Hi, I believe that phone has a misconfigured service menu, please follow these instructions, I bet it will work fine after:
https://idoneapps.com/forum/index.php?topic=321.0

Let us know.

P.S:
Do not repair the archives with the roms, it is always suggested to download the archive again preferably with another browser (the first one may have cached it badly) or another computer.
See you ;-)

Offline cdsnv

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 10:35:17 PM »
Yes, it will continue to work! see  you!

Offline JCAST4801

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 03:50:40 PM »
hello i was trying to flash a s7 to stock rom but i got a failed and it did not let me. attached is a screenshot please help. my phone has weird spacing between numbers when someone calls and i have a update pending notification that i cant get rid of. any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Offline idone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 10:55:48 AM »
hello i was trying to flash a s7 to stock rom but i got a failed and it did not let me. attached is a screenshot please help. my phone has weird spacing between numbers when someone calls and i have a update pending notification that i cant get rid of. any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi, please make sure you are flashing same or newer Software Version, it failed trying to downgrade.

Let us know if you have any issue.

Offline Noggin The Gog

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 02:00:35 PM »
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
It won't load past the Samsung logo with the blue, pulsating shadow thingy.
I have Odin and I believe I can get it to connect to the tablet but I don't know what file I need to acquire for it to fix things
Can anyone in this forum help please?
Many thanks