idoneapps

Author Topic: How to root & Unlock Note4 SM-N910P PD1 and above (6.0.1) for Global GSM  (Read 5024 times)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
DISCLAMER: Rooting the device will void the phone warranty, by following these steps you accepting it.

NOTE: Before to proceed be aware of the fact that root is not needed if you just would like to SIM unlock the phone as our app now works even on stock rom.

1.) Go to Settings > About device > scroll to bottom and tap "Build number" 8 times, now press back button once and tap developer options.
2.) Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock (where applicable) from developer options (if available as option, else skip this step).
3.) Connect the phone to the PC and copy BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503.zip in your Note4 sdcard root: Computer\Galaxy Note4\Phone
4.) Power off phone completely.
5.) Hold Home and Volume-(down), keep them pressed and power the phone on.
6.) Press Volume+(up) when prompted to enter "Downloading Mode"
7.) Connect USB and wait for all drivers to finish installing.
8.) Open Odin3 (Run as administrator), then select twrp-3.0.2-0-trltespr.img.tar.md5 in "AP" slot, then pust START on Odin3, the file will be flashed.
9.) Power off phone completely.
10.) Hold Home and Volume+(up), keep them pressed and power the phone on, phone will turn on and load recovery menu. (*1)
11.) Once in TWRP recovery, swipe right to allow modifications.
12.) Tap Install then select BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503.zip
13.) Swipe to confirm Flash, phone is now rooted.(*2)
14.) Proceed to unlocking Click for Instructions

Note (*1):
On some phones Android replace the recovery image with the stock one during the reboot, so follow these steps in such case:
a.)Open Odin and click on Options tab, then deselect Auto Reboot.
b.)Flash TWRP with Odin, the phone won't automatically reboot because you had untick the above flag, so when the percentage reach 100 on phone turn it off by pressing down POWER button and VOLUME DOWN button for 5 seconds.
c.)From phone powered off, push and hold Home, Volume+(up) and power button, phone will load TWRP.

*Prerequisites*
Odin3.10.7 for Windows Click to Download
BETA-SuperSU-v2.68 Click to Download
twrp-3.0.2-0-trltespr.img.tar.md5 Click to Download
Samsung USB Drivers Click to Download
Password (if needed)=idoneapps.com
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:58:56 PM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline drplain

• View Profile
Re: How to root & Unlock Note4 SM-N910P PD1 and above (6.0.1) for Global GSM
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:07:01 AM »
Hi Nodial.... I followed the instructions to root my Samsung Note 4. I flashed the TWRP file successfully but when I then went into recovery mode, the menu that showed up did not let me locate and run the SuperSU file in Computer\Galaxy Note4\Phone. There was an option to run it from the actual SD card however. I selected that option and it did look at the SD card but, of course I had not loaded the file there! I booted out of recovery and copied the SU file to the root of the SD card and went back into recovery mode. Now I get a dm-verity failure and the message that external load is disabled! I did a factory wipe and reset, reran all the steps in your process but I'm still getting the dm-verity failure! Any suggestions?
Drplain

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 02:34:58 AM »
Hi drplain,

You probably forgot to set OEM Unlocking to On before to root.

To fix it from recovery go to download mode, then using Odin3 flash the stock rom:
Stock Official PD1 (6.0.1): https://mega.nz/#!5NJ0SQxK!QZ53M_Pij1LERKVa_ZHZQYmkIyx8Ysi-lpEcGvNM3Vk

•   Once on stock rom do a factory reset from the phone settings.

•   Set OEM Unlock to ON: Settings > Developer Options > OEM Unlocking > Set it to On

•   Then root it again.

Let us know!
See you ;-)

Offline oakshollister

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 12:53:54 AM »
What is the best ROM to use with unlocked sprint note 4, using Cricket Wireless

Offline drplain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 02:32:24 AM »
Hi Nodial.... I successfully rooted my Sprint Samsung Note 4 even though the OEM Unlock option was not there! Now I have downloaded the Full unlock application and installed it as per directions but it seems to be hung up. I've attached a screen shot. I'm getting pop-up messages that idoneapps.com is granted SU but the full purchase unlock screen does not come up.

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 02:33:30 AM »
oakshollister, we always suggest to use a debranded Sprint rom, there may be a lot of working custom roms but we don't even test them out.
See you ;-)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 02:35:35 AM »
@drplain: Please close our app, install SuperSU from the Google Play, then open the app again, grant the root privileges then let us know if it's enough.
See you ;-)

Offline drplain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 01:41:31 AM »
Thanks for the advice.... After I rebooted the phone several times, I was able to successfully load the unlock application and run it! The phone now works on the AT&T network.

Offline wilfield

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 08:16:19 AM »
Hi Nodial,
It seems there's something I am missing here for Odin fails to write in my phone as shown in the pictures. Please advise, thank you.
[The OEM unlock option is not available in my phone]

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 08:29:41 AM »
Hi wilfield,

Go in Settings > Security and uncheck the "Reativation Lock"
See you ;-)

Offline wilfield

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 10:07:40 AM »
Hi Nodial,
Got to Step 13 but the phone won't finish rebooting (just blue light flashing top left, no kernel panic screen).
Is there a way to reload the BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503.zip file? Please advise. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 12:02:39 PM »
Check the Note (*1), your phone is probably deleting the TWRP recovery.
See you ;-)

Offline wilfield

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 07:15:43 PM »
Hi Nodial,
I downloaded BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503.zip using your link this time, copied it to a Micro SD card, mounted it and used TWRP to install on the phone. Almost everything ran smoothly afterwards, except that I could not use the T-Mobile logo and two Sprint apps were not removed: Sprint ID (cannot disable this one) and Sprint Fun & Games.
Now I am confident enough to try use this app on another Note 4 and an S5. Do you recommend buying a multiple license in order to unlock those two? :-\
Thanks for your assistance!
  :)

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 02:45:55 AM »
Fine!

We just released the unlock app 1.79, it also disable/delete Sprint ID and Sprint Fun & Games now.

About the license, it is tied to the phone IMEI, so it's for one phone only.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:05:28 AM by Nodial »
See you ;-)

Offline wilfield

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 08:02:47 PM »
Greetings Nodial,
Unfortunately I still have a problem: Please confirm if the unlocked Sprint Note 4 can be made fully functional in the T-Mobile network, that is, if it can be made to operate as a 910T. After testing I have noticed the most this cellphone can handle is 3G even though it was LTE capable on Sprint. This in addition to the Wi-Fi calling problem I reported a few days ago. As of today, my research in the Xda forums indicate that such overhaul is not possible. If that's true, then the most a customer can receive with your SIM Unlock service is 3G data and no Wi-Fi calling! Please clarify because such information is not available and, if it is as stated here, a disclaimer should be added to your service promotion.
Thank you for your prompt response to this sensitive issue.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:26:25 PM by wilfield »