idoneapps

Author Topic: How to root S7 & S7 Edge SM-G930P & SM-G935P QAA and above (7.0) for Global GSM  (Read 22734 times)

Offline dprohd

• View Profile
Maybe it's just me, but after I root my device which was a SM-G930P I check it with "Root Checker" and it says it's rooted. SuperSu also works, but if I try to use any other apps that require root, they always say root denied or no root found or something like that, but SuperSu is still giving me the notification: Root has been granted, or something along those lines.

Offline idone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Does our unlock app show that you are rooted?

Offline dprohd

• View Profile

Offline masterchief84

• View Profile
After flashing and it power up , once the PC detected the adb debug, it automatically reboot, but no root. Please Advise. Thanks

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
That's expected, the engineering bootloader causes the S7 to bootloop, you have to connect it to the PC, as soon the S7 boots to Android you should double click on the bat and check that all the steps executes.
That will fix the bootloop and fully root the device.
See you ;-)

Offline dprohd

• View Profile
Does it have something to do with me flashing from SM-G930P to SM-G930U?

Offline dprohd

• View Profile
So I redid the entire thing and root works now, but the only thing that doesn't work is XModGames, are you people having the same problem?

Offline KJS

• View Profile
I rooted my G930P QAA and unlocked it using idoneapps.
However, calling, messaging, and LTE of my G930P are not work.
My carrier is LGU+ (CDMA) in South Korea.
I attached a screen shot.
What can I do to solve the problem?

Offline idone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I rooted my G930P QAA and unlocked it using idoneapps.
However, calling, messaging, and LTE of my G930P are not work.
My carrier is LGU+ (CDMA) in South Korea.
I attached a screen shot.
What can I do to solve the problem?

Hi!

I do see you have signal that shows "R" for roaming. So it does appear registered on your network.
Since your provider is a CDMA one call to check with the Provider/Carrier to see if they need the devices MEID to add to their "Whitelist" if they use one.

Also please check your Roaming settings under Mobile Network settings to be sure you have Roaming allowed.
The third thing to check is your APN, please be sure it matches the details your Provider uses.

Let us know how it goes!
Thanks

Offline Iamnew

• View Profile
Hi, I am new. I just rooted my phone and it boots up until preparing device for the first time. Then it turns of and on, it been doing that over 20 times now. I forgot to copy my IMEI file before flashing what can I do? My imei is printed on the back of my phone. 

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
Please flash the stock ROM, our repository is here: https://idoneapps.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0

Then restart from the first post of this thread, make sure to follow each step carefully.
See you ;-)

Offline carloslamerme

• View Profile
Amigos funciona de maravilla solo si les queda con problemas vuelve a Flashearle la Rom, Muchas Gracias por este Post

Carlos Antonio
Alias (La merme)

Cuba

Offline jangel008

• View Profile
Hello please help me to identify why the app idoneapps keep crashing after following the instructions ( Galaxy S7 rooted and superSU acces settings changed to granted).

At this point superSU was deleted ( which from what I read it's expected ) attaching the screenshot of idoneapps before it crash

Much appreciated,

Offline Nodial

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • idone.apps
Hello,

you should have a file inside the phone sdcard called unlock.log, please send it to us by email: idonapps@gmail.com

Be sure your ROM is the stock one or the universal U ROM, check your device IMEI too by dialing *#06# (IMEI have to be there).
See you ;-)

Offline jangel008

• View Profile
Thank you for the response, I've sent the email with the details as requested, please let me know if you received it( sent on 10/13/17 at 8AM UTC)

much appreciated,